- Fruit of investments totalling more than €25 billion in 2007.
- IBERDROLA ENDS STELLAR YEAR WITH NET PROFIT OF €2,353.7 MILLION (+41.8%)
- Ends 2007 as world’s 4th largest electricity company by market capitalization (nearly €51.3 billion) and close to €28 billion in shareholder funds
A Project Founded On Success
- ScottishPower successfully integrated, now accounting for 24% of Group Ebitda (€1,351.6 million)
- Iberdrola Renovables IPO completed and world leadership in wind power* reinforced, with renewables capacity of over 7,700 MW and a project pipeline of more than 42,000 MW
- Friendly acquisition of Energy East (U.S.) to strengthen presence in this market
- 2008-2010 Strategic Plan sets investments at €24.2 billion in Spain and abroad
Key Aspects Of 2007
- Electricity production up 34.2% at 123,460 million kWh, driven by cleaner technology
- CO2 emissions in Spain reduced (to 187 gr/kWh), confirming company as one of the cleanest energy producers
- Continued growth amid an environment in Spain of low tariffs (-26%) and modest demand growth (+3%), with a positive contribution from international business
- IBERDROLA Group Ebitda rose 42.4% to €5,538.2 millones, helped by business in the UK and U.S.
- Efficiency ratio improved 6 percentage points, with strong performance in gross margin (+ 42.9%) compared to costs
Please click here to view the press release in full.