ScottishPower is excited to partner with Equate Scotland to deliver our Women Returner Programme. The programme offers women who have taken a career break of two years or more from the STEM sector, and who are looking to get back into the workplace, a structured and supportive programme. Enabling them to brush up skills and knowledge and rebuild confidence in a working environment. The returnship opportunity is to support women to return to STEM employment on a more permanent basis.
We are proud of our partnership with Equate Scotland, who are Scotland’s expert gender equality organisation, making a positive difference for women in the STEM industry by supporting “getting in, getting on, getting back and getting to the top” in employment.
ScottishPower’s Head of Resourcing, Muir McDonald comments: “We face an aging workforce across a number of areas in our business. There is a skilled shortage in the UK and globally in what we need, particularly in STEM roles. ScottishPower have a number of critical engineering projects and are investing in our infrastructure and asset base around the UK. As a result of that, we’re trying to attract more people to study STEM subjects and back into STEM careers.”
To apply, you must
- Have had a career break of at least 2 years.
- Be qualified in and/or have relevant work experience in any of the following areas; engineering, renewable energy, data analysis, project management, technology and now considering how to return to work in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths).
What you will receive
- A paid placement for 3-6 months.
- An opportunity to work on some of ScottishPower’s innovative projects.
- Career clinics run by Equate Scotland to help you successfully transition back to the work place.
- Flexible working patterns may be available depending on the role.
- A competitive salary in line with market rates.
- A supportive induction and regular meetings with a line manager.
- Opportunities to develop and update your skills.
How to apply for the 2018 ScottishPower Women Returner Programme
Submit a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date - Friday 13 July.
If you have any questions about the returnship or application process, please contact: email@example.com
Telegraph interview with Athanasia
“The returners scheme was helpful throughout the period between being a full-time mother and returning to my profession.”
Read Athanasia’s interview in full as she gives an insight into how the returners programme and her placement with ScottishPower helped her get back to work in a STEM Career:
In 2016, Jenny McLean secured a 6 month placement working at Whitelee Windfarm with ScottishPower Renewables. On the back of this placement, we are delighted that Jenny went on to secure permanent employment as a Senior Research & Development Engineer with a manufacturing company in Glenrothes.