Fifteen years ago, Iberdrola identified the need for cleaner and more sustainable energy and embarked on a growth strategy focused on renewables and regulated businesses.
This strategy remains true today, Iberdrola has moved faster and harder than competitors and this latest 2016-2020 Outlook Plan will invest €24 billion and will deliver earnings growth of 6% per annum.
Iberdrola is committed to leading the development of clean and competitive electricity, modernising and expanding electricity networks to improve quality of service and increase customer choice through digital enhancements.
Many companies today plan their investments in two year cycles; Iberdrola has the strength and confidence to publish a 5 year investment plan.
What do these Strategic Outlook investments mean for ScottishPower?
Strength and confidence in the future
- Iberdrola plans to be carbon-neutral by 2050 and the Group is striving to reduce emissions by 50% on 2007 levels by 2030
- Iberdrola is the outstanding leader in renewables with 25,000 MW, operating almost 11,000 wind turbines which run remotely from specialised Control Centres
- Iberdrola has doubled its market capitalisation over the last decade, growing from the 7th to the 1st European integrated utility
- Iberdrola is pioneering the development of Smart Networks in Europe
- Iberdrola has placed digitalisation and technical innovation at the core of its strategy and is well placed for the digitalisation and decentralisation trends that will transform the industry in the years ahead