It’s an exciting time to be part of ScottishPower right now. Already at the forefront of the renewable energy industry, we’re making huge investments to ensure the UK can meet its future energy challenges. Our mission is to play our part in creating a cleaner, more affordable and more secure energy supply.
It’s vital that we continue to invest in attracting, nurturing and retaining the talented people who will shape our future success and continue the ground-breaking progress we’re making.
At ScottishPower, our scholarship programmes aim to help train a new generation of professionals capable of driving the transformation towards a sustainable energy model and who have a desire to develop their career in the power industry. This is why ScottishPower presents its Scholarships for Masters Studies in the UK programme to support the education of young people and providing them with experience that will give them access to employment in our industry.
ScottishPower will provide scholarships for the 2018-2019 academic year for postgraduate studies at universities in the United Kingdom in the following areas of knowledge:
- Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- Renewable/Sustainable Energy
- Environmental Sciences /Climate Change
- Global Energy Management
- Computer Science and Software Engineering
- Cyber Security and Information Security
- Big Data Analytics and Science
The scholarships are intended for studies at the following universities in the United Kingdom:
- Imperial College of London
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Strathclyde
- University of Liverpool
- University of Glasgow
- University of East Anglia
- University of Cambridge
We are looking to sponsor highly motivated students who have a desire to work in the power industry and:
- Have an Honours Degree or Masters Degree. If you are in your final year of your degree the grant is contingent upon completion of the degree within the academic year
- Are EU citizens or have a permanent right to work in the UK after graduation
Scholars will benefit from:
- Payment of enrolment costs at the university
- A monthly payment of £1,200 per month
- Company mentor
- Assistance with identifying an industry related project to assist with their academic studies
- Exciting career prospects
In return for the scholarship, ScottishPower are looking for each scholar to:
- Promote career opportunities available within the company
- Act as a STEM ambassador for the industry
- Introduce future scholarship applicants to the scheme
- Support any recruitment activities agreed on campus
Applications for the 2018/2019 academic year are now being invited. Consult the Terms and Conditions for further information.
Those interested should complete the on-line registration form using the button below and enclose the requested information before 1pm on 2nd April 2018.
Online Registration Form
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to participate in online assessments with selected candidates then invited to interview in April/May 2018. Offers will be made In June 2018.