ScottishPower is excited to partner with Equate Scotland to deliver our Returner Programme. The programme offers candidates who have taken a career break of two years or more from the STEM sector, and who are looking to get back into the workplace, a structured and supportive programme. Enabling them to brush up skills and knowledge and rebuild confidence in a working environment. The returnship opportunity is to support people to re-enter STEM employment on a more permanent basis.
We are proud of our partnership with Equate Scotland, who are Scotland’s expert gender equality organisation, making a positive difference for women in the STEM industry by supporting “getting in, getting on, getting back and getting to the top” in employment.
ScottishPower’s Early Careers Manager, Mairi Elder comments: "There is a skills shortage in the UK, particularly in STEM roles. ScottishPower have a number of critical projects and are investing in our infrastructure and asset base around the UK. As a result of that, we’re trying to attract more people to study STEM subjects and back into STEM careers."
To apply, you must
- Have had a career break of at least 2 years.
- Be qualified in and/or have relevant work experience in any of the following areas; engineering, renewable energy, data analysis, project management, technology and now considering how to return to work in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths).
What you will receive
- A paid placement for 3-6 months.
- An opportunity to work on some of ScottishPower’s innovative projects.
- Career clinics run by Equate Scotland to help you successfully transition back to the work place.
- Flexible working patterns may be available depending on the role.
- A competitive salary in line with market rates.
- A supportive induction and regular meetings with a line manager.
- Opportunities to develop and update your skills.
How to apply for the ScottishPower Returner Programme
Applications for our 2019 Returner Programme are now open.
If you have any questions about the returnship, please contact Marise Nelson - firstname.lastname@example.org
Carol Croft, Returners Programme, ScottishPower Renewables
"I'm grateful to ScottishPower for helping me transition back into the workplace as a STEM Returner following a career break where I had taken time out of employment to look after my children.
"The Returners programme has helped me rebuild my confidence in a professional environment and, more importantly, help me refresh and develop my skills in renewable energy projects.
"The programme allowed me to work flexibly and achieve a good work/life balance which, as a working mum, would have been difficult otherwise. I am proud to be part of an organisation that promotes diversity, respect and collaboration in the work place and inspired at the growing numbers of female engineers within ScottishPower at all levels."