Our Operational Engineering programme has been developed to enable us to produce highly motivated, operational engineers for our SP Energy Networks business.
This development programme is aimed at individuals who are currently working in a related field or industry as an Engineer or Technician. We will also consider semi-trained individuals willing to make the transition to operating and supporting a large scale network within their community.
On completion of this programme you will become an Operational Engineer with SP Energy Networks.
We are looking for applications from individuals who have achieved level HNC in Electrical Engineering and in addition to this have relevant work experience including;
- Operating, switching and issuing permits for work on low or high voltage distribution, independent, private or site networks as an authorised person
- Installing, operating or undertaking inspection and maintenance on low or high voltage distribution, independent, private or site networks
- Working under safe systems of work or permitting regimes
- Appropriate Electrical Authorisations
- Awareness of Health & Safety and environmental legislation
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
You’ll also need to be a highly-motivated team player with a positive attitude and willingness to learn. You should also be a good problem solver and confident decision maker.