To ensure you get the best out of the application process and create a good first impression, we recommend you read these helpful hints and tips before completing and submitting your online application for a role at ScottishPower:
- Make sure you’ve got all the information you need to complete your online application.
- Set aside plenty of time to complete your application, as it can take more time than you may think.
- All communication regarding the outcome of your application will be via email from our Recruitment Team. You should provide an email address for an account, which you’re able to maintain and check regularly.
- Please turn off pop-up blockers and enable cookies when applying online on our website.
- Download our guide (pdf, 324kb) to applying for an advertised role.
All successful candidates will undergo pre-employment suitability screening – click here to read more about this (pdf, 34kb).
Please also refer to our eligibility to work in the UK checklist (pdf, 45kb) for more information on this particular issue.
If you are having problems applying for a vacancy, please download our system help guide (pdf, 21kb).
The selection method for posts in ScottishPower will include a competency based interview (CBI) to gather information. The purpose of CBI is to explore fully with you any evidence you give showing you have the required knowledge, skills and attitude to demonstrate an appropriate level of competence. CBI is based on the premise that past performance is a good indicator of future performance.
For more information on CBI download our guide.