The ScottishPower Graduate Programme Recruitment Process aims to create a positive recruitment and selection experience for every employee and prospective employee, across every part of our business and for every level of post.
Online Application Form
Capture your contact details, educational and work experience as well as asking a few questions to ensure our programme is right for you
Online Testing – two stages
1. Online G+ test is designed to measure three types of ability: Numerical, Deductive, and Inductive:
- Numerical Ability: The Numerical Ability questions are designed to measure the ability to solve problems involving numerical data by using the proper mathematical methods and the ability to interpret data presented in charts, graphs and tables.
- Deductive Reasoning: These questions are designed to assess the candidate’s ability to draw logical conclusions based on information provided, identify strengths and weaknesses of arguments, and complete scenarios using incomplete information.
- Inductive Reasoning: The Inductive Reasoning questions are completely non-verbal and feature only shapes and figures. These questions are designed to measure the ability to detect regularities, patterns, and generalizations, and infer rules that can be applied to different situations.
2. Occupational Personality Questionnaire
- The questionnaire looks to understand how aspects of an individual’s behavioural style will affect their performance at work.
In Scotland these will be held at our Glasgow city centre headquarters or at our training facilities in Cumbernauld. In North West England and Wales they will be held in our training centre in Hoylake.
Conducted over the course of a full day where a number of different exercises are used to assess those behaviours most important to ScottishPower
This may include:
- A competency-based interview
- An analytical presentation exercise
- Group exercise
Don’t worry, if you need to prepare anything in advance we will let you know.
To ensure you get the best out of the application process, we recommend you read these helpful hints and tips before completing and submitting your online application.