SP Energy Networks has published three reports as part of its consultation regarding proposed connections for wind farm developments in Mid Wales. The reports include the feedback from Stage 3 of the consultation, a preferred line route report, and an environmental scoping report.
The company has spent the past few months analysing the feedback received during Consultation Stage Three and carrying out further work to review the project design. The three reports now published are:
- Consultation Stage Three Feedback Report – which sets out the consultation process and gives an overview of the consultation feedback we received on key project issues, comments relating to line route sections and alternative routes that were suggested.
- Preferred Line Route Report – which reviews the Suggested Line Routes and Options presented during Consultation Stage Three against key technical and environmental considerations. This took into account issues such as local views, ecological sites, flood risk, ground conditions and slope angles for construction. The report also draws on the feedback we received relating to the sections of the routes.
- ES Scoping Report - this sets out how the company will undertake the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) – the process and methodology that will be followed and the various topics that will be assessed.
The full reports have been published on the project website www.spmidwalesconnections.info. The documents are also available to view at the following locations:
- Newtown Library Park Lane, Newtown, SY16 1EJ
- Newtown Area Mobile Library Please visit www.powys.gov.uk for locations and times
- Montgomery Library Arthur Street, Montgomery, SY21 7PH
- Llanfair Caerinion Library The Institute, Llanfair Caerinion, SY21 0RY
- Llandiloes Library Mount Street, Llanidloes, SY18 6EY
A full round of public information days will be carried out during the final stage of consultation, planned for Autumn 2014, to discuss the reports and proposals, and to seek feedback from members of the public and other stakeholders.