ScottishPower has become the first energy supplier in the UK to develop a product that includes guaranteed gas and electricity prices as well as an all inclusive boiler maintenance service in a single monthly payment – saving customers up to £50 on the cost of taking guaranteed energy prices and boiler cover separately.* The Platinum Fixed Energy January 2014 tariff has been designed to provide extended levels of cover and protection on energy prices, but also offers a comprehensive 24/7 care package for boilers as well as a free wireless electricity monitor and a 25% discount on cavity wall insulation.
The overall bundled package, which is available to new and existing customers, will have an average annual online cost of £1,211, making it a market leading proposition.
ScottishPower recently launched its Home Comfort boiler care service and, following a successful trial period, the company is now expanding the service to be included as a core element in this new style of tariff.
Gerry Magee, Head of Marketing at ScottishPower, said: “Through talking to our customers we became aware that many people wanted to be able to purchase a single product that covered all of their home energy needs and offered security on price. We believe that our new tariff will appeal to those who want both security on prices and the security of full protection for their boiler.
“ScottishPower prides itself in leading innovation in the energy market. We were the first company to introduce a combined Gas and Electricity Bill, have the No.1 online service and led the market on capped price Gas & Electricity offers, which have since benefited millions of customers across the country. We believe that the approach of combining these different services will be the way that the market moves forward in the future.”
Media Information: Paul Ferguson, 0141 566 4515 / 07702 665 924
Notes to Editors:
* Prices correct as at 12th August 2010. Based on an average domestic customer using 3,300 kWh of single rate electricity and 20,500 kWh of mains gas, selecting our current Capped Price G&E Offer and our standalone HomeComfort standard package.
(1) Under the Platinum Fixed Energy January 2014 Offer, prices are fixed until 31st January 2014. Energy bills may vary depending on how much energy is used.
(2) The Platinum Fixed Energy January 2014 Offer is not yet available for premises located in the geographic areas of the former public electricity suppliers, Scottish Hydro Electric (area 17) and London Electricity (area 12).
(3) We may apply cancellation charges inclusive of VAT of £30 for electricity and £20 for gas if a customer switches to our Platinum Fixed Energy January 2014 Offer but then cancel the supply contract or switch to another of our tariff(s) before 31st January 2014.
(4) The HomeComfort service provides:
* An annual boiler and service safety check
* Unlimited Call outs
* 24/7 emergency call centre operating 365 days a year
* All work carried out by qualified Gas Safe registered engineers
* Energy Efficiency advice to make sure system is operating efficiently
*48 hour customer satisfaction call back check