ScottishPower Renewables and Vattenfall, the developers of the East Anglia offshore windfarm zone, have announced dates of the first Public Information Days for the project.
To be held on the 20th and 21st July, these events will provide the opportunity to learn more about the windfarm development plans and the extensive survey and planning process being undertaken.
The developers are also issuing a Scoping Opinion request to statutory consultees and other interested parties as part of the formal planning process.
The views obtained during the scoping process and ongoing consultation, together with the other information gathered, will be used to guide more site research and to develop the design and layout of the windfarm and its associated infrastructure.
David Walker, Development Director said: “ScottishPower Renewables and Vattenfall are eager to hear from as many people possible at the Public Information Days – the first of many similar events.
“We want to establish and maintain clear and regular communication with all who are interested in the development of the windfarm, to help inform our planning processes.”
The dates, times and location of the Public Information Days are as follows:
Tuesday 20 July
2:30pm – 8:30pm
The Hotel Victoria
Wednesday 21 July
2:30pm – 8:30pm
More information about the windfarm development can be found at www.eastangliawind.com
Jason Ormiston, Vattenfall Wind Power UK 0131 526 3137 – 07794 524 801
ScottishPower Press Office – 0141 566 4515
Notes to Editors:
- ScottishPower Renewables is part of Iberdrola Renovables, the largest wind energy company in the world with an installed capacity of close to 11,000 MW at the end of 2009, and a pipeline of over 57,400 MW. ScottishPower Renewables had over 800 MW of installed capacity at the end of 2009, and a pipeline of 5,115 MW.
- Iberdrola Renovables has a presence in 23 countries around the world.
- ScottishPower Renewables is currently developing offshore energy projects in the UK totalling more than 1,700 MW, including co-development of the 500MW West of Duddon Sands offshore wind project.
- The company is already the largest developer and generator of on-shore wind energy in the UK, with Europe’s largest wind farm at Whitelee which was completed in May 2009.
- Vattenfall is a leading European energy company. It is Europe’s fifth largest generator of electricity and largest producer of heat. It currently operates nearly 400MW of offshore wind capacity around Europe, including the 90MW Kentish Flats, off Whitstable in Kent. It also has 2,700MW of offshore wind capacity in the pipeline and includes under construction more than 400MW of offshore wind capacity around Europe including the 300MW Thanet Wind Farm, also off Kent and operational in 2010, and the 150MW Ormonde Wind Farm, off Barrow-in-Furness.
www.vattenfall.co.uk | www.vattenfall.com